1st SatLabs DVB-RCS Symposium
DVB-RCS has Taken Off
8th - 9th September 2005
ESA/ESTEC - Noordwijk - Netherlands
The purpose of the DVB-RCS Symposium is to bring together existing and potential users, operators and service providers, managers and policy makers, equipment manufacturers and non-profit organizations in an environment where they can find solutions and create business opportunities with DVB-RCS.
The aim is to present uses and solutions based on the DVB-RCS technology, to discuss market and technological trends and the advantages and possibilities offered by the DVB-RCS standard, and to help define the future evolution of the technology so that it can meet the new challenges that will arise.
The symposium will feature a combination of invited speakers and accepted papers and is free of charge to attend. The date in September 2005 was chosen so that participants may combine travel with participation at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
The DVB-RCS symposium is supported by the European Space Agency (ESA), the DVB Project, the Global VSAT Forum, ETSI and the European Commission.
Commercial deployment of DVB-RCS
- Success stories and deployment study cases
- Business cases
- User needs and requirements
- Cost trends
Applications and DVB-RCS Solutions
- Hybrid wired and wireless and satellite networks (e.g. Wi-Fi, PLC)
- Maritime DVB-RCS
- Nomadic / portable / mobile solutions
- Point-to-point and meshed networks
- SatLabs qualification and certification program
- Practical interoperability results
DVB-RCS implementation aspects
- DVB-RCS trends and future perspectives
- DVB-RCS with DVB-S2
- Low cost solutions (e.g. equipment, installation, service provision)